spring!

spring!

Wednesday 14 December 2011

Still haven't heard from the town about the leak.  Good thing it's not a big leak..

  I didn't sew at all this week,  just played with the machines as I said earlier and then I played with all the software that I have for embroidery.  Two different machines, two different embroidery programs.  Janome and Husqvarna.  I am used to the Janome program as it is almost the same as the one I gave to my sister along with an embroidery machine, and a bunch of stuff that went along with it.  I seldom used it lately, but when she got it, she used it a lot...unfortunately for her the machine stopped working and has been in the repair shop for quite a while.  So, I played with the software and I can see why the VIP or husqvarna software is so great..I can take an embroidery file and change the format.(that's the file the different machines use)..make the design bigger ...smaller...split it and if my computer would recognise a card or a card reader..transfer it to my Janome..but nothing is easy and I have to go back and forth between computers...I get frustrated with trying to do what I want to do.   I suppose that IF I was to upgrade to a newer version, I would have an easier time of it...this program hasgot to be one of the oldest of the Husqvarna's.  And the Janome is old too...and I need another program for it called Buzz Tools, which I have...
I considered getting a new machine,  really seriously considered it...they had a really good sale, but I don't embroidery enough to spend that much money..big $$$$...
Plus, I got a card in the mail, saying I need to upgrade another (sewing) program..my old version is not supported anymore....it just never ends...

No comments:

Post a Comment