spring!

spring!

Monday 5 December 2011

Oh my,  I had Quilt Guild on Thursday and it was potluck and they ask us to bring our own plates.  I thought that I would use paper plates and went downstairs, under the stairs to where I store them.....As soon as I opened the door...oh crap!    I recognise THAT smell....mould!!!!...nothing should be wet!...BUT... the water meter is there ...under the stairs...and ever so slowly...drip...drip...drip...there is rug down there, and I mean under the stairs.  The former owner put rug there and if you can believe it...on the back side of the stairs!!!  The rug was soaked...but I guess that was a good thing because the water would have run into the living area and ruined the carpeting in the hallway.  The Mister and I took everything out from under the stairs...boxes that should have been disposed of earlier are now gone...the rug was not one layer, but 2..gone also!!!  Good thing the Mister's golf clubs were at the front.  The town came to see what was up....this is THEIR responsibility, and oh crap again!...the main shut off is under the PAVED driveway.. so they will come back some time today to cut a small  hole and hopefully find the main shut off valve.  If not, they will have to shut off the whole street and we would still have a WHOLE lot of water in the lower level...oh my!

No comments:

Post a Comment