spring!

spring!

Monday 12 December 2011

fancy spool knitter
Thing One (Hayely) has asked to knit her own scarf..she is into scarves right now, I noticed.  So I went into my knitting and crocheting stuff and got her some knitting needles.  I don't have a lot of yarn,  I donated most of what I had to a neighbour who knits for charity.  I sat and showed her what to do...she did all right but was having a hard time dropping stitches...the yarn she picked was a boucle...not a good "starter" yarn.  I have this set of looms called "Krafty Knitter".  They are like a giant corking spool...remember those?... So, Thing One is working on her scarf and later that evening, I read the directions! lol  She is doing it wrong!we aren't looping the yarn and her project is very tight...it will be fine..if she wants to start over, that's fine too.
There are enough looms in the pack that Thing Two can work on one also..and I can go and clean up the mess in my sewing room..AGAIN.
Thing Two and I went upstairs to find her some beads for bracelets.  She has a kit that she has decided to use and we have lots of other beads that would be good for her to use...Well, she found the Perler beads (plastic beads that you fuse with an iron) and she played with them instead.  I gave her a stack of plastic drawers and told her they are hers for her crafting stuff.  She has to start putting things AWAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment