spring!

spring!

Thursday 1 December 2011

mine, but in red
Most of my life I have coveted the Le Crueset cast iron pans...When I was first married, the mister's grandmother had one....      a beautiful orange roaster.  You could use that pan any where..oven or stove top...and it looked beautiful..cooked like a dream, and heavy as a rock.  After a few years of marriage and a couple of kids, we bought a set of  REALLY expensive  and heavy stainless steel pots and pans.  They were really big!  Some of those pots I very seldom used...but use them I did.
 Then microwave ovens came out and I EMBRACED them...now I needed glass...went to corningware..I gave the stainless steel to my sis, she used it for a while...then SHE gave it to mom.  Mom used them, but this set was really for a big family...she ended up giving them back to me.  I used them again for a few more years.


 The stainless is now ....maybe 40 years old, looks like new except for the handles ..the pots all needed new handles.  By now my kids are grown and this beautiful set is far too big for my needs. or my kids needs..sooo...I freecycled them...I gave them to a large family that could use them and the lady was thrilled to receive such a good set of pots and pans. 
cast iron
 All through the years I have had my cast iron fry pan.. made in Brockville Ontario..it originally belonged to my grandmother...she had it 30-40-50(?) years, I've had it now 45 years...very well seasoned ...black as coal inside and out...things don't stick and I've used it stovetop and oven..my go-to pan whenever I can and coveted by my kids.

mine but in blue

   This fall, the mister said to me..."I have all these points, if we don't use them, we lose them..Get anything you want"..So....I ordered some Le Crueset pans.  And they arrived within the week....one 5 litre. red french oven and 3 litre. blue braiser...I am so happy!...one is in the oven as I blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment