spring!

spring!

Friday 2 December 2011

  I cooked beef shanks in one of those new pans yesterday and it was so tender and delicious.  I cooked it with onions and mushrooms.  Just a little bit of leftovers, so we dinner for another night...no cooking, just sewing.  Can't wait to try some lamb shanks in the new pan..  I think these new pans are going to be bad for my waistline.
  I was able to sew a little yesterday, worked on my " to the point " quilt..this is a neat trick to sew an on point top by sewing straight rows and creative cutting and resewing and no setting triangles..  At any rate, I got the top mostly completed and I haven't made it quite big enough.  I need to cut more 3" squares for it.  If they were 5" squares, I would have been fine.  Just would need bigger borders.  I have a bunch of 5" squares but I am going to use them for a slice and dice 4 patch, or a disappearing 9 patch  They are one of the "block of the month" blocks, I think either  would look really nice as a scrappy quilt .

No comments:

Post a Comment