spring!

spring!

Thursday 22 December 2011

Only a couple of days left before Christmas..I am ready..I think...too late now!  The presents are wrapped, ready for the big day.  But we won't have the girls here until after Christmas...they are going to spend Christmas with the other grandparents  So I get a bit of a break on preparing dinner. We've got a small turkeyroll. (remember I don't want to eat it for a week).  I've cooked what I can before hand,  dessert is pie...maybe a sugarpie (that's a french canadian thing the mister loves)..and it is what it's name implies...sugar..pie..a pie made solely of sugar and milk or cream.
I don't make my own pastry anymore...if I did, we would eat more dessert.  Well, I would.  The mister would ask for something in particular and I would bake.....then he would go on a sales trip...leaving the rest for me......and...being that I have absolutely no self control...I would nibble away at it until it was gone.  Even if it was frozen....It would call my name.."come and eat me...I taste sooooo good...youhoo...come and eat me!" relentlessly.
So I buy the little pie shells, when the mister requests a pie...usually blueberries that he bought up north..So there are no leftovers.

Well, I think that this will be it for this year.. I will continue in the new year with my progress on The Farmers Wife Sampler Quilt and the other things that I am working on.  I have to get a push on getting things done for our Quilt Show this year.  It is coming up FAST.  REALLY FAST!
So MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY HANUKKAH to all my friends and a HAPPY and Prosperous NEW YEAR...
I will see you in the new year!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Blis---I can see by your ham photo that your ham is stuffed! WHAT????????? A stuffed ham???? That sounds so good that it's just wrong. That's like stuffed bacon! mmmmmmmmwrong.

    ReplyDelete