spring!

spring!

Wednesday 21 December 2011

Know what I really miss?  The school Christmas program.  
When the grand daughters started school over here, we always attended all the programs the kids did...Christmas and a "Talent" show..meet the teachers...all of it.
Well, we have a new principal for the last couple of years and now...no Christmas program...I enjoyed watching all the kids singing and performing.  The older kids used the opportunity to learn staging and using all the sound equipment. Kids that were learning to play instruments showed us their progress...the choirs sang ....
I enjoyed talking with all the parents and grandparents, praising our off-spring and marvelling at how they have grown, and how talented they all were.
The program was never just Christmas...but a small look at ALL the traditions at this time of year....and there are many....and the kids look forward to presenting their programs.
I know that several of the kids miss the choir, as do I.  And the band..
People complain about lack of community...here is an a great example... that has been discontinued..
Here is an example of tolerance...been discontinued...
Are we teaching tolerance?  or are we teaching intolerance?

1 comment:

  1. It is sad we have had to give up our ways for the politics of the school board. I don't think its the immigrants that want this, but those that want to be so darn politically correct all the time. A holiday tree? Give me a break.
    Merry Christmas, I say, Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete