spring!

spring!

Friday 9 December 2011




coffee cosy

 Here it is half past 12 noon on Wednesday and the town workers have not shown up, yet.  I wonder how long it will take them?  Good thing it is only a drip from the water meter..and now it is going into a pail.  I can now see how much water was dripping daily into that carpet under the stairs.  I will have to keep an eye on it.
  In the mean time, Thing 2 (Courtney) and I finished the  Christmas tree and redid the bannister lights and garland. 


2 coffee cosies
  Then I decided to make some coffee cup cosies. I drink tea, I don't drink coffee, I don't drink my tea on the run, nor do I like to drink out of a paper cup, so a cosy wouldn't be something that I would think about.  I researched online and found some ideas, then just went at it. I cut up a cup to size my pattern, cut out the batting, then did  "sew and flip" to cover the batting.  I put a button and a hair elastic (as a closure) on the first one and really didn't like it.  Then I started using hook and loop tape, or velcro. I tried satin stitching the edges and pinking the edges.  So far I haven't "turned" one....I've made a few now and they are really easy to do.  I'm using up some scraps of batting and more fabric.
One will be for my hairdresser, along with a gift card for coffee and another was for my daughter for my daughter, but she says she wouldn't use it!  I imagine the girls would like one for their teachers.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment