spring!

spring!

Wednesday 4 December 2013

It's been a while since I posted.
I was told the other day by a friend that I was missed.  So I thought I would make an effort to get back into it.
The mister and I are staying up far too late and sleeping late, so I am not sewing as much or blogging.  For some reason I still feel like we are on vacation.   (Gee, I don't know why??)  lol!
I have been doing some sewing.  And not just quilting either.
I bought some fabric and made myself a new pair of  dress pants.  They turned out great!  Look real nice...BUT!!!....they don't fit!  Too small!  The mister likes them!  He thinks the fit is great!  LOL!  But they are too tight..for me! in my opinion.  How did my pattern shrink inside the envelope?
So I adjusted my pattern, cut more fabric, and sewed another pair.  MUCH BETTER!!.
I've also purchased some fabric for T-shirts and some sweater material.   Don't know when I'll get that all done.
Then my daughter went to a wool store near her and bought a bunch of wool (yes, wool!) and a pattern book of the hats the girls wanted.
I ended up knitting 6 hats ... 4 slouch hats, a toque and another hat for my son-in-law.
The girls love the hats...I need to make me something warm just for my ears.  Not a hat, but a bandeau.  I am too hot for a hat, but I will get earaches from the cold wind. I have seen a couple that I like, now I need to make it.

1 comment:

  1. Hurrah! You are back! You have been missed my friend. I need a new bandeau. Want to knit me one too??????? Please, please, pretty please

    ReplyDelete