spring!

spring!

Tuesday 17 December 2013

Oh my....I really can't say "No" to my baby sister.
She is six years younger than me and was my birthday present when I was 6.  She was born 4 days after my birthday.  Let me tell you, I was really, really happy to have a sister instead of another brother.  I already had 3 of them!   I desperately wanted a sister.
So when she asks me for a favour, I usually grant it.
She wanted some curtains for her townhouse.  She asked if I would sew them.  I said "sure". 
We went out to our local store called Fabricland and she walked into a sale.  Premade panels on clearance.  She bought 10 of them.  Enough for all the windows.
She tried her best to shorten them and screwed it up a little.  They aren't garbage, but now they are too short.
She begged me again....."Please sew me some curtains".
So, out we went, again, to Fabricland.  She went straight to some fabric that she liked and decided that was it.
We browsed around the store, and there on the shelf was the perfect material.
 It was woven squares, and she loved it!
Plus it was DIRT CHEAP!  and I mean cheap!!!!!  $3.50 a metre (39 inches) and 240 inches wide!!!
Because it was so cheap, she decided she wanted a nice tablecloth.
Tabling fabric was on sale too, not the great price reduction that the other fabric was, but still a good price.
We bought enough to make her a round tablecloth and four small napkins.
We came home and she left right away.
I sat and had a cuppa tea with my mister, then went into my sewing room to work on the tablecloth.
Within a half hour, I called my sister and told her that it was done, too bad she didn't stay. 

That evening I started on the curtains for her.

Easy, peasy to measure and fold a straight line.  And to keep a straight line sewing.
It only took a few hours, far less than I expected, to complete her livingroom curtains.
Now I will work on some for her bedroom!
Merry Christmas Sis!

see...... I am sewing...just not doing a lot of quilting or blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment