spring!

spring!

Saturday 7 December 2013

I went out to quilt guild the other night.
It was our December "Christmas" potluck.
 I love a potluck, all those different dishes to try.
  All the different desserts!
No one leaves hungry, there always is a lot of food.
  I waffled between making cookies or meatballs.  I really didn't know what I wanted to make...well I do ...really... I wanted to make and take some short bread.  But I would have eaten it too.
The mister and I discussed my dilemma and he suggested DEVILLED EGGS!
He had a very good suggestion!  He loves devilled eggs. 
So I made them! I had 2 dozen eggs and devilled them all!
I never got one at the pot luck!
 NOPE!  They were all gone by the time I got up to the appetizers.  Mind you I did have some...I left half of them here for the girls and the mister.
He really loves devilled eggs... He had enough to satisfy him..lol!
For our programme that night we had a "Chinese auction". 
 A Chinese Auction is much like a Tombola.
That is, we bring in gifts, not always of a quilting nature, but whatever you like to donate.  A ribbon is attached trailing off to a bag.  Then we buy a little baggie with numbered slips of paper tickets, our names are recorded beside the numbers on a master sheet.   You put your tickets in whatever bag you would like to win.
 At the end of dinner we start pulling numbers.
 I and a number of other ladies bought three baggies.  You could buy however many you liked....All the proceeds go to the foodbank.
 I think they said they raised over $400......not too shabby!
After dinner they started drawing numbers...
I won a box of thread samples...Wha??? I never win!
They kept drawing  and drawing.  Did I say I never win?
 I won another....then another  ....6 of the prizes came to me! 

Hand made pin cushion
PLUS
I won the table decoration made by the past president.  She makes lovely decorations... aaand.. It had 2 fat quarters in the boxes!
I was shocked!!!! I NEVER WIN!
I wasn't the big winner, though.  Another lady won about a dozen gifts! and 3 or 4 other ladies won multiple gifts.
There were lots of gifts to be won ....over 100 of them.
I won the samples of decorative threads, 10 fat quarters, 2 tree ornaments, some embroidery cards (if they don't fit my machine they will fit my sister's machine), some Lindt chocolates (I hid those, otherwise I will gobble them all up!) a cute little dish, a wonderful hand made pincushion!, a hand made scarf, and a hand made journal cover!
I didn't open stuff there, I waited until I got home, so some of the stuff was a surprise; it was like Christmas!!!
The mister was getting a really good chuckle out of me!
scarf

No comments:

Post a Comment