spring!

spring!

Monday 30 December 2013

I think this Christmas is one of the most beautiful ones I have ever seen.
We have a lovely white Christmas and the trees all sparkled prettily.  That was due to the covering of ice they still had.
Mind you, it wasn't so nice for some people...no power, so no heat no lights, no dinners and for some no water!
We were lucky, our power was only off 2 hours total for the whole storm and clean up.
 Our Christmas was a huge success.
  The grand daughters  loved their placemats.
I was a little surprised that Hayley was so thrilled with hers, because I just made a placemat to represent Guns & Roses,  not their logo.  But she was thrilled!
Needless to say, I was pleased that they like them so much.
Courtney wanted to eat dinner on hers that night.  I asked her to wait, since we were having pasta (cannelloni) for dinner, she really didn't want to dirty it right away.
We were having our Christmas dinner on Friday.
The girls and daddy went off to see their other grandparents for Christmas day.
Our son came for Christmas day, actually the day before too.
(Big ice storm, no power for him at home, he needed to shower before he went to see a friend).
I made a turkey roll and a duck (yummm) for Christmas with our son, then Friday, I made cannelloni and salad for dinner. Both times apple pie and home made ice cream for dessert.
I also made a large cheese plate and some baked brie for snacks before dinner.
I had a big ooppsie with the brie.
I have a stone, it's marble, you heat it and cook small appetizers on it.
I heated it up( for hours), heated the brie, then put the brie on the stone.
OH MY!
The brie melted all over the place!!
But boy was it good!
I had to scrap cheese off the tablecloth! lol!
I think I will try it again, but not heat up the marble quite so much.
The kids gave us tickets to Cirque de Soleil!
 I am so thrilled!!!
 I can't WAIT!

3 comments:

  1. So glad you only had a 2 hour power outage. We had 14 1/2 hours, but didn't upset us at all. We have a fireplace and we ate a cold supper with candlelight. Don't remember the last time we did that. I've told my kids and grands, never buy a house without a fireplace. I think a gas stove may be a good idea too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we are lucky to have a gas stove, gas fireplace, and gas water heater and a gas BBQ. If the power goes out, we can cook, stay warm and clean. Nieces and son in Toronto not so lucky, with the power off for days.

      Delete
    2. No gas stove, but we do have a trailer in the driveway that is well equipped. All I can say is, thank our lucky stars I'm a quilter. Lots of them to choose from.
      We are getting a battery operated radio though. Having to phone people to find out things is a pain in the neck.

      Delete