spring!

spring!

Sunday 22 December 2013

   I went down to my sewing room the other day and really didn't want to sew on my project. 
My shoulder has been sore, I don't know if it was the knitting or maybe sleeping on my arm weird, but it hurts and I didn't feel like wrangling the table runner.
I thought, I want to do some sewing, but something mindless.
I wanted something quick and simple.
I pulled out a drawer with some scraps that had been precut.  I thought something  in here maybe...
I came across some half square triangles that I had trimmed and saved.
I sewed two at a time, then decided on a pattern.
I only really had a few squares to work with, but this is what I came up with.
 Sewn, quilted and bound...all in a couple of hours.  It's 2 1/2 inches by 10 inches.
I took this little quilt to guild for " show and tell".   The white glove ladies told me it was too heavy for them to hold up.  Hehehhe!                                                              
I used up a few scraps of fabric, a scrap of batting, and a smallish scrap (from a friend, for another friend, but it went GREAT) for the backing. 
 
I will be back in the New Year...........                                               
                                               
   Have A Merry Christmas!                          

1 comment:

  1. I have a runner to get done. Maybe this week when I've got my turkey cooking. Your scrappy project looks great.

    ReplyDelete