spring!

spring!

Monday 16 December 2013

In June I brought home three quilts to work on over the summer.  Actually four ...I took a kit from my other guild.
The kit I made up immediately...2 days ..DONE! binding ..everything done.
The second I only had to quilt and bind.  That was done in a couple of days also.
The third was the same...I took longer because I wanted to think about the quilting.
So, maybe a week or two to get it all finished.  Plus I had a few issues with a lot of bias, but it turned out great! 
Both quilt guilds were glad to see them in September.
The fourth was a bigger quilt.  I layered it and started quilting.  Just stitch in the ditch, I had planned on a "scroll" type design for the edges (setting triangles) and borders.
I had my patterns planned and made up, pinned in place to sew.
And then I changed my mind and decided on lines of quilting instead.  I marked each triangle to keep everything straight and even.
I was really pleased with how it turned out.
I took it to guild and the lady who made the top and back, (the back is pieced also) made a comment about how much she liked how it turned out.
Dorothy makes and donates a lot of beautiful tops to our outreach program.
So we had our last meeting of the year and all the quilts that were to be donated to various charities were shown. 
The one Dorothy and I worked on was to be donated to Big Brothers and Sisters for their on-line auction! And it was to be in the next 2 weeks or so.
I decided that I would follow the auction and bid on the quilt.
I GOT IT!
The quilt is now MINE!  LOL!
I went and got it, and when I got it home I thought....It's been a while since I've seen it, so I would have a different perspective. 
I checked out my quilting job.
It looked pretty good, I thought!
But then, I noticed.....I had missed a couple of rows of quilting.
Well, I can do them now!
And make a new label giving Dorothy and I credit for the making of this quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment