spring!

spring!

Thursday 19 December 2013

For Christmas I decided to make a couple of placemats for the grand daughters.
  Courtney loooooves owls right now.  Owl this and Owls that.  
I was at Fabricland the other day and saw an owl decoration on sale for a couple of bucks.  I bought it for her.
We have downloaded patterns and made owl pillows.
I went out and bought an owl panel that was 5 pillows....and owl fabric for the backing.  We made up all five pillows.
So,...I thought....an owl placemat!
I downloaded a pattern, actually the pattern we used for one of the first owl pillows Courtney made.
I made up the owl and cut a placemat . 
The little owl looked lonely all by it's self.
I knew somewhere I had some fabric that looked like wood so I cut a branch.
Needed more than that..
I cut a tree and some more branch bits.
Courtney's
It needed a moon....I have some beige and white hand dyed (by me) fabric that was perfect for a full moon.  The background fabric was dyed by me also.
It turned out pretty good.....the test will be Christmas day...I hope she loves it!
I was glad to use the hand dyed fabric,  I always hate to use it and this was a great way.
Then I started on a placemat for Hayley.
She likes bands now....Hedley, Guns n Roses.
Hayley's
So I looked on-line for Guns n Roses  and made her up a placemat.
I figure I have to be careful because of copywrite.
I don't worry about the girls seeing these before Christmas, they don't read my blog and I know you won't tell them!

No comments:

Post a Comment