spring!

spring!

Sunday 22 December 2013

HOLY CRAP!

The weather forecaster has been predicting freezing rain for a few days.  It was getting to the point where I didn't believe them anymore.  They had been  wrong so often.
Well,  yesterday it came true.
Usually on a Saturday night, my daughter and I go out and shop...have some quality time. 
I called her and said STAY HOME!!
I went to my sewing room and sewed all night long.
I worked on applique blocks for outreach.
Tidied up my sewingroom a bit.
Then I went back to my table runner, worked on that for a bit.
 Still not done.
Every once in a while I would check outside.
It was raining.  It has been drizzle-y for 2 days.
Around 9 or ten, I could feel the air getting colder.
By the time I went to bed, I could here sleet hitting the windows , trees were covered with ice already.
I dozed for a little and with a flash and bang.....out went the power.  I don't know for sure how long it was out, but it was enough for the house to get cold.
I put another blanket on and tried to fall back to sleep.  The power was off and on, off and on.  Each time with a flash and bang.
I awoke to the furnace running and too warm for the extra blankie.
I could hear the neighbour kids outside playing on the ice. 
I looked out, wondering how bad it was.....
After breakfast I noticed the birds trying to get into the feeders.
They couldn't  with all the icicles, so I went out and knocked off some of the ice.  Put some seed out.
I thought, they must be hungry and threw  a bunch on the snow.  They were flocking to it in seconds.
I wonder, with only 3 days to Christmas, will it be a white or green one?
Stay safe
and
Have a great Holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment