spring!

spring!

Wednesday 1 January 2014

WELCOME 2014!

We had all the kids here for New Years dinner.
I cooked another turkey roll, scalloped potatoes and a large ham.  For veggies we has broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and roasted onions.
The mister loves his roasted onions.
 Cheese sauce , cranberry relish that my son made, and gravy.
We also had some baked brie as an appetizer again today.
This time I heated the cheese for 10 minutes and put it on a plate with crackers.
I still used that marble slab I have, only not for the cheese.
I starting baking my scalloped potatoes first,  (yes it was that big a pot of scalloped potatoes) then put the turkey roll into the oven.  When it was time to put the ham into the oven, I took out the potatoes, put the casserole on my cutting board and covered the whole thing with a couple of towels.
Not thin ones, good thick ones.  I wanted to keep it all hot.
I put the marble slab into the oven and let it get hot.
I then slipped that under the casserole dish.
Those potatoes were good and hot still when I put everything on the table.
The whole dinner was marvelous, and we were thankful to all be together and healthy.
My hope for you this year is health and happiness.
May your bobbin always be full.

No comments:

Post a Comment