spring!

spring!

Monday 29 April 2013

I had a fabulous  weekend..... I went to my local guild's quilt show with a dear friend, then we went home and had dinner with our hubbies at my house.
We had snail and crab in mushroom caps, two salads and  cheese and spinach cannelloni with hot garlic bread.  A purchased cake and homemade ice cream for dessert.
I had prepped everything the night before except the cannelloni...I made those a couple of days before and froze them.  All I had to do was drink my wine, assemble the mushroom caps and pop everything into the oven. 
It was a great meal to top off a great day at the show!
And of course the show was fabulous.
One thing that is happening in the quilting world...not very many people are quilting by hand anymore...some people quilt their own by machine but a lot a people have their quilts Long Arm quilted .
Man o man! are there ever a lot of talented quilters out there!!!!
I was blown away at the beauty of so many of our works.
I am sorry I only have a few pictures....like many times before...the battery in my camera died....I thought ...okay I have my phone...it died too!  Oh crap!
But I did get some pics!
http://smilebox.com/playBlog/4d7a59304d4445784f44513d0d0a&blogview=true
Click on the link, let it load...DON"T CLICK on the big green button...that is an advertisement and enjoy the smilebox I made for you.

I also bought some fat quarters...2 bundles of deliciousness!  hehehe!  and a ruler for making sewn bindings.    I was going to order one on-line but I waited for the quilt show and one of the merchants at the show had some....so of course I bought one!

No comments:

Post a Comment