spring!

spring!

Friday 5 April 2013

I have been having issues with my sewing machine.
The tension is off.
  Sometimes just by a little ...
sometimes a whole lot.
  I cleaned it and cleaned it.
  Didn't help.
I took her in for a spa....hehehe..( well, I would pay as much for a spa day!)
Then I pulled out the thread on some of the squares I was working on and resewed the seams on another machine.
I have all the blocks pressed now and must square them up.
That's gonna hurt!  133 blocks to trim.  Don't want to do that all in one shot...hard on my wrist. 
Trim then sew on another round of triangles ...then trim them.
I gotta get going on these blocks, I go back next week for the remainder of the workshop.
I also need to find out what I need for the sashing.

While I was at the sewing store I invested in a new blade sharpener.  I just bought a new blade for my large cutter, and it's out to the garbage already. Too bad I didn't wait to see if I could sharpen it.  I did try it on another cutter I have,  I'll see if it helps.  It was the cost of 3 to 4 large (60MM) blades.  I think it might pay for itself...at least I hope so

No comments:

Post a Comment