spring!

spring!

Monday 22 April 2013

It's seems like it is an endless winter this year.  We have had so many ice storms this spring!  I am so tired of the cold!
We will have one or two nice days, then boom!  A cold snap!
The sky is dark and dreary most days, with just a peek or two of the sun.....just enough to get us hungry for warm weather!
MissT, my cat, wants to go out...I let her out and she wants right back in.  She loves to lie in the sun, soaking up it's warmth...not much so far!
Usually my front garden is a mass of purple.  I have grape hyacinth taking over the whole garden.  Every year now I pull them out, but they self seed and multiply by bulbs.  Not a lot of flowers  yet!

Well, at least the cold keeping me out of the garden and in my sewing room.  (Although, I really, really need to vacuum, MissT is shedding like crazy.)
I have been going to my workshop and working on a "s'mores" quilt.
It's taking a long time, the blocks are only 4".   I have most of them done, some need trimming yet, but I have started sewing the rows together.
I still have to cut and sew 28 side blocks and 4 corner blocks.  I think I will do that first before I do anything else.

1 comment:

  1. I think you changed my mind about making that quilt Patti. Sounds worse than Sylvia's.

    ReplyDelete