spring!

spring!

Friday 26 April 2013

Wow!
That was fast!
I have been working on my s'mores quilt, a workshop at one of my local quiltshops.
The blocks are small....just four inches.
It took me almost 2 weeks to sew all the blocks,  I had them all sewn for the next session at the workshop, but not all of them trimmed.
Did I say, the pattern asked for scant 1/4 inch seams?
I hate scant seams!
I worked on my sashing, getting most of it cut and ready to sew.
But, it seemed like I was sewing blocks for an eternity.
At the workshop we started sewing the sashing on and then the rows together.
We were told it would go quickly now!
We started with the longest row, then the next smaller.
When I got home I decided to start at the shortest row, sewing both rows at one time and it seemed like I was done in a flash!
YUP! DONE!

needs setting triangles
Well... except for the setting triangles and the corner triangles.
This quilt is set on point......
I sewed 2 halves at a time and stopped at the centre.  I think it would be easier, (less bulk under the machine to work on half at a time, sewing in the side triangles.
Well, really, I think it would have been easier to do them at the end of each row, but we didn't.
So, I made the corner triangles....huh! easy! Done, and sewn on!
I was hoping to be able to cut down leftover squares and use them, but they are too small.
So
 I started making the side triangles. and HOLY CRAP! They are done too!
The instructions had us making flying geese, adding three triangles to that and before I knew it ....they are all done !!
 Now I just have to set them in, sew that last middle seam, trim and square and ready to quilt!
But first I am going to have a break, go to my guild's quilt show and have dinner with a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment