spring!

spring!

Friday 19 April 2013

I almost forgot about my blog today.
I usually have it done in advance, but this has been a busy (for me) week.
Last night was guild night and walkabout.
We had some great demos. 
One was 'tube quilting" , sewing tubes together, then cutting triangles...hmmm, quick and interesting...
Then another demo of quilting items NOT from the quilt stores...like a large "drywall T-square" for squaring up large quilts and other items from the hardware store.
And a demo of "Tickertape" quilts....an interesting way to use up scraps and make ANY quilted item...

 stitchedincolor.com/2011/03/all-about-ticker-tape.html
Here is a link to another blog...she writes about it.
I think I may have to try it...placemats maybe...

Then...my fav...sewn mitred binding. Well, the light bulb went off for me!
I've tried to do this myself a very long time ago and had a hard time with it..not knowing how to do it, what to do....and at that time, no Internet to find out!
But this is the mitre that quilt show judges want to see. 
And I really think it might be easier that the other way to mitre the corner.
The demonstrator sent me some links, I watched videos and I think I can do it!
http://www.tangledthreadsbydebbie.com/
Here is a link to one site with a video on how to do it and of course they are selling a ruler for it.  I don't think you need a special ruler.
So, I think I may make some placemats with the ticker tape method and then bind them and use this method for mitred corners.

No comments:

Post a Comment