spring!

spring!

Monday 13 May 2013

I hope every one had a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday.
I did...the granddaughters gave me a beautiful begonia to hang outside.
And some funny cards to go with them.


The mister popped a pre-made lasagna in the oven, and we had a salad and some hot garlic bread.
The hot oven heated up the house nicely, being as it was cold, windy, raining and hailing  on Sunday.  The sun did peak out occasionally.
At least it is now nice and green out,  the tulips are blossoming along with all the forget-me-nots.  My bleeding hearts are in full blossom, I love the fresh, green scent they have. I have white one right at the back door and the scent is heavenly. 
 I  never start my summer garden until all the tulips are faded.

Saturday I had a workshop...quilt as you go....fabulous teacher...very interesting...I would have been fun if my machine had have worked properly.
I had been have issues with tension at my last workshop, so I took it in for service.  It still was having issues....now I am getting NO tension.....I was very, very frustrated.
I was going to stop at the store as I came home, but they close early on Saturdays and are closed on Mondays....so Tuesday I will be taking it back in..
I noticed that when I took it in last month, they had put a very large needle and sewed on an extremely heavy fabric....I thought then that it might not be fixed right.
I love this machine.  I've had it 3 or 4 years and been without incident...so I hope it's okay again.  Then I had it serviced,.... I used for the next session of my workshop and had a little trouble...my store advised my to use different thread (better quality cotton thread).  I use good thread...guttermann, mettler, aurifil...
I took it home and really didn't sew with it until this Saturday.  (I was using my other machine to do the s'mores quilt.)
I hope there isn't too much wrong with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment