spring!

spring!

Monday 27 May 2013

I didn't really get much sewing done this weekend.
Instead I had my younger brother (he lives across the country in BC), my older brother(he lives in the next town ...mmm... 15 minutes away), and my little sister( she lives 2 towns, maybe 30 minutes away), for a BBQ.  A niece and grand niece were here too.
We sat around and reminisced, laughed, told jokes and stories. 
I had a couple of envelopes of pictures for my BC brother and sister.  I came across them when I emptied out my mothers house.  I had an envelope for my older brother, but I gave that to him a while back.
 What a trip down memory lane for all of us.  There were pictures of former girlfriends, ex spouses, new babies (now grown with their own babies), group pictures of us and friends celebrating birthdays, and some really old report cards. LOL!
 Pictures were passed around and commented on, with copies and scans requested.
Then we had a fabulous dinner of hotdogs, hamburgers, potato, and spinach salad and I had made a large crock of homemade boston beans, we also had sauted onions and sauerkraut for the dogs.
All our favourites...
Needless to say, fresh air was a little scarce a couple of hours after dinner! lol!

After dinner, my sister's guy and my older brother got out their electric guitars and rocked our socks off for an hour.
We certainly had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment