spring!

spring!

Monday 29 October 2012

Only a couple of days until Hallowe'en.  I have my candy all set.  I like to give out the little chocolate bars, and I like to give out the peanut ones.
Well, not really.....I LIKE to EAT the peanut chocolate bars..lol  And because I like to eat them, I put the box away and leave it unopened until the first trick or treaters arrives, otherwise, I would eat them all.  I only bought one box this year, so ...NONE FOR ME!...I certainly don't need it.
This is one of my favourite nights, can't call it a holiday.
I don't decorate the yard or put up a bunch of lights, or even hang hallowe'en quilts.
I have 3 little wallhangings that I put up in the fall, scarecrows and pumpkins.  That's it for fall decor, plus a fallish door wreath.


Hallowe'en is another story........hehehhahah..(insert spooky laugh here!)
I dress up my duct tape dummy (never used her for sewing!) in a witch's costume I made years ago.  At one time, it did fit me...lol....put a black wig and a scary mask on her....tape her hands to an old stick and she stands there stirring a pot (an antique cauldron and stand) made to look like boiling, steamy, frothy water, along with eyeballs and fingers.  I put flashing lights in the pot for effect...under the pot I have some sticks, some foil and red crepe paper and a flashing light to simulate fire.
I have an old iron aquarium stand that I cover with red crepe paper for blood.  I have a 3 vases full of eyeballs, spiders, and fingers ...along with a red candle and any other scary stuff that I have.
Last year the grand daughters helped with putting up the headstones that I have and making the lawn and house look creepy.
We have a longish (for this neighbourhood) drive and I stand in the doorway watching the little kids as they slowly come up the driveway, edging past the witch and her brew, just waiting for her to move.....but she doesn't .
I usually re-assure  the little ones, that it is only make believe.
But this year, we are expecting a big storm... a frankenstorm..(lol)...high winds and rain....we usually get the full brunt of the winds at the front of the house.   So...maybe I will have to put her inside the front porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment