spring!

spring!

Wednesday 24 October 2012

We have had some bonus days with the weather lately...
Some of the days have been bright and sunny then ending with a rain storm.
Thursday was one of those days...I spent the day at my daughter's house while she had some windows installed.  Just as they were finishing up the weather changed and a big storm hit. 
We had some high winds and rain.  Alot of the trees were stripped of their leaves as the wind ripped around the trees.
The guys (installers) then came to my house and redid the kitchen window for me.  When we had the windows replaced a couple of years ago, I told my mister I didn't want what he was planning on doing in the kitchen.  I knew the frame would raise the window high enough that I couldn't see out any more.....and good enough, that is what happened....sooooo....being in the window and door business and before he retires, I wanted that window changed again.
Now, I can see out....which I really need to do if the girls are out at the pool and I need to run in for something.
But, back to the weather.....I had guild that night and the storm was still around, just not right overhead. 
As I drove to our meeting, there was a huge, and I mean huge...as wide as the 4 lane road, a rainbow.  It looked like the road and rainbow were connected and I could eventually drive up it   Actually it was a double rainbow.  It was so bright it was amazing....and as twilight fell it slowly faded away.  It was a little erie, with one last section still so bright yet darkness all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment