spring!

spring!

Tuesday 9 October 2012

Thanksgiving was a big hit again this year.  We had turkey and ham...and veggies...oh my ...lots of veg...and I cut back a little on the veg.  I didn't cook onions or carrots in with the turkey.  But we had broccoli, cauliflower, 2 kinds of squash, scalloped potatoes, and sweet potatoes......lots of fibre..lol....and lots of carotene(all those orange veg)!.  Cheese sauce for those that wanted it, gravey and cranberry sauce.
This year I got out the tiny slow cooker that I bought for my mother a while back and used it to keep the cheese sauce warm.  It worked like a charm.  I think next holiday, I might use it for gravey....come to think of it ..years ago I gave my mother-in-law an electric gravey boat.  I wonder if I have it?  I will have to find it.  Having the cheese sauce already hot saved me some time at the stove..
And this year, I wanted to be able to socialize with my son's new girlfriend...(really a grown woman).  A very  nice young woman she is too.  All that I care about is that he is happy...
And, oh my...is the oldest granddaughter becoming soooooo mature.....seems like last month she was a little girl and I was walking her to school!

No comments:

Post a Comment