spring!

spring!

Thursday 28 March 2013

I had a workshop at one of the local quilt shops.  I was given the workshop by a friend...she is away in the warm south (poor thing).
I received my instructions for the workshop and I pulled fabrics to cut to the required sizes.  (ooooppps ...the workshop was, amongst others things, learning to cut multiple layers of fabric.) And put fabrics back and chose others...and put them back and chose some others again...such indecision.  I actually cut up a couple of fat quarters that I have had for....hummm.. 30 years?!  gotta use it up..lol
So everyday for the last week I have been going into my sewing room to prepare for this workshop.
Instead....

I organised the file cabinet.

Again, I went into the sewing room and....

I took out my mother's 60+yr old featherweight and thoroughly oiled and cleaned and oiled it again, changed the needle, it goes in sideways to what we are used to.  Ran it and ran it. Wiped it down and oiled it again. Then wiped up any oil that was remaining.
  Did I say that my sister had this machine for a little while?
 I don't think she used it much, but did notice the cord needed repair.   She took it out to be repaired, by an electrician.   He made a new cord for it and DUH! wired it WRONG! When you plugged it in, the power was straight to the machine, it raced at full speed!!
 I rewired it..
that was wrong ..
and so I tried again. 
There are 3 wires in the plug.  One for the light...it switches on and off...one to the foot pedal...so that you can adjust the speed of the machine with the foot control (hence, the FOOT control)!
Got done right!
It sews like a dream....but...
I didn't cut fabric.
Finally, I thought...I really better get some fabric cut.
 and I did...
Then I cleaned out my sewing machine.... wound bobbins.....
 played around with different feet for the machine and......
 made a mental list of what I wanted to take with me..
Slowly, very slowly, I got a bunch of fabric cut for my blocks.  Two sizes of mediums and darks.
For every 2 1/2" square, I need two dark or medium squares, halved, diagonally ...
good ...
got that basically done..or at least enough for the workshop.
Now, it's the night before and I have to cut lights. Two squares, cut diagonally for every dark 2 1/2"  square....
Plus I have to pack, everything I need, up,
Hummm..
I wonder if I have ADHD.......

NO....just a procrastinator...hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment