spring!

spring!

Monday 4 March 2013

Courtney, the youngest of my 2 granddaughters still plays with dolls. Her best friends still play with dolls.
 She plays with "Journey girls",  she has a "Micheals" version but she really, really wants an American girl doll. 
They are really expensive, and I think the Journey girls from Toys R Us are just as pretty.
I have made her numerous outfits for her dolls.  They are an 18" doll, so they are not as hard to sew for.
I've made her dresses, skirts, tops, pants, underwear, pj's, bathing suits, skating outfits, ballet tutus and dance outfits...shoes, boots, running shoes, book bags, backpacks....a chair..a table..a closet....quilts for her dolls, pillows, now she wants mattresses...LOL!
We went to Ikea today to buy their doll bed. 
It comes with "linens"...I wouldn't call them linens..
And Courtney is not satisfied with the state of the "mattress" and "pillow".
So I said I would make it.

Good thing I have lots of stuffing and scraps from batts.

I  added some stuffing to the pillow, just a bit. 
Then I took some high loft batting and folded it into 6 layers, made a "box" cushion cover ....and voila! A mattress.

She wanted a comforter, not a quilt.....so I added a ruffle to what I think is supposed to be a mattress, basically making it a comforter.
 Added a ruffle to the small pillow, then I made a small round pillow for her.
She said she wanted 5 decorative pillows but, I don't know where she will put them!
Ready for her doll....
 
She took it all home and her cat decided it was a good sized bed for her.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment