spring!

spring!

Friday 22 March 2013

I was at quilt guild last night and we had a fabulous speaker Martha Schellingerhoud.
I saw her a couple of years ago and I was blown away with her quilts ...large and miniature.  Tonight was a treat ,  again!
She is on facebook if you want to see her quilts.
  Just type her name. (on facebook)
 And she has a website....Martha.
 Just click on her name to take you there.  She actually has a great display on facebook and her website.
I didn't take pics...sorry...I find some quilters mind and some don't.  Some don't want to lose ownership of their work,and there are copyright issues they worry about if  it ends up on pinterest and then it can go all over the net.
 Pics can be watermarked so that they always have an attribution ...but, again...some don't like it..some quilters are thrilled.
Anyway, it was a fab show .  I thoroughly enjoyed it.
 ( I think our programme committee is doing a fabulous job!)
She works on her large quilts a section at a time, then joins the pieces together by 3 different methods.
We are having a workshop on her methods.... and I am registered to go!
She uses this quilt on her business card....

No comments:

Post a Comment