spring!

spring!

Wednesday 27 February 2013

I went to quilt guild the other night.
Thought I would be late, as I had an important appointment, but everything fell into place and I wasn't even the last to sign in!
I was glad I didn't miss it, we had quite the fun night.
Our program team decided to have a bingo night for this meeting.
(They try to fill February with something interesting, but not so important that anyone would be upset that they missed the meeting due to bad weather.)
I haven't played bingo in YEARS!...we were provided with blank cards and we filled the spaces with the names of quilt blocks.  Then the "caller" called out the blocks as she drew them and we marked off our cards.
There was a table full of prizes.
Sewing notions, threads, scissors, fat quarters, plus 2 grand prizes..  One was a box of premade squares and a coupon for a workshop at a local quilt shop.
I won a fat quarter.  One of my dear friends won the grand prize ( blocks and workshop).....SHE GAVE THE WORKSHOP TO ME!!!!
I was so surprised!
She will be away for a  winter vacation at that time so she thought I would like it!
So sweet of her!  I will enjoy it!
Thank you Jackie!
I really should call the quiltshop and let them know that I have the coupon and find out what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment