spring!

spring!

Tuesday 7 January 2014

The holidays are finally over and it is back to reality.
The tree and all the ornaments are put away for another year.  We still have to disconnect all the lights, though.
I washed the tree skirt(s), Christmas table toppers and runners and put them away.
MissT was really out of sorts after I took it all down, kept coming into the living room and meowing at me....wandering around....lost...
MissT  loves to lay under the tree.
As soon as I start putting it up, she is sprawled out underneath.  I have to be careful not to step on her!
 I usually put a small quilt under the tree for her to cuddle in.   She doesn't seem to bother with the ornaments anymore.  Actually she never was one to play much at all.
I never had her as a kitten, I adopted her as an adult....maybe she never learned to play!   Plus she is getting be to an old lady now, she's over 10 years old.
My tree is an old one.  I have had it now for over 25 years.  It was a really expensive one that I bought after Christmas one year.  It really looks real!  Especially when I attach pinecones to the various branches.  It has fooled many people over the years.  The usual comment is that it doesn't have a very strong pine scent.


Grandkids back here after school and Mom over to pick them up.
hehe...I actually forgot they were to be here again yesterday!
I am a terrible Gramma!
The weather has been bitterly cold with lots of snow.
We certainly are getting the winter they called for.
I had to remind each of the girls that they need to cover their ears, wear their mitts and come straight home.
Hayley didn't come straight home and she had frostbite on her cheeks.
I remember my own daughter at this age.....mind of her own....



1 comment:

  1. Our Misty never bothers with the tree. The first year we had her she tried to eat tinsel, so now we don't put that on. She may touch one ornament to watch it swing, but other than that --- nothing. She isn't very playful either. Never has been. She play for a few minutes and then that's it.

    ReplyDelete