spring!

spring!

Friday 17 January 2014

I still can't seem to fix blogger so that I can up-load pics.
Soooo frustrating!


Kevin brought his newest quilt home to be repaired.
The kid is hard on his quilts.
At Christmas he brought his newest quilt for repair.
Hummmm...newest quilt ....it's over ten years old.
I don't know what he does to it, but the top and bottom were shattered.
The batting was shredding and the binding was gone.
I really had to sleep on it to figure out what to do to fix the quilt.
All the batting was there just pulled apart, but it was all there, so I decided to use batting tape (fusible tricot ) top and bottom, to fuse the batting back into shape.  I used a good cotton batting in his quilt.  I was able to fuse both front and back, top and bottom.
Then I looked into my stash for the  fabric that I used and BINGO! I found some!
I ended up machine appliqueing new blocks over the shattered ones, or what was left of the blocks.
I cut a new, wider binding, and sewed that on.
All most as good as new!
I would like to show you what I did, but blogger will not upload my pics.  Sorry

No comments:

Post a Comment