spring!

spring!

Saturday 28 September 2013

Time for getting down to brass tacks!
I had offered to contribute to block of the month (but only one month) for quilt guild.
Now I have to find a nice block, make it up...write a little blurb for the newsletter, copy the instructions for the block and turn it in to the BOM lady at guild.
I chuckled when I told her I would do a month for her....she was giddy with delight.  I think she has to twist a few arms to get people to help.   What am I saying!!!??  I KNOW she has to twist arms to get people to help!
So I spent a few hours looking for a nice block, I visited  http://quilterscache.com a few times.
I wanted, or really needed, a simple block for my contribution.  Not that I needed to do a simple block, but if the block is too hard, or takes to long to make,  ladies will not participate.
So I found a couple that I liked and mulled it over.  I decided on a block called calico puzzle.
Not too hard (really easy) to scare anyone away, only two colours to deal with...hopefully it will be a winner for everyone.  And not too much stress for me.

Speaking of stress....I have given up my library helper's job for right now.  It was just too hard to get there with the girls here until 6.  Especially when I have to leave just after 6.
Next year, my daughter says the granddaughters will go to a different school.
Well, Hayley will for sure....she'll be in high school.  Mommy says Courtney will go to the school near them, and she can go home right after school, so my job will be done.
Hayley feels she is too old to be babysat and I agree with her.  I tell her that I am not babysitting  her,  just her sister.  She just comes here to "visit".   Poor girl is in a catch 22 situation.
Her school is here, her friends are here.  If she goes home, she won't see her friends after school.  If she changes school, she would need to make new  friends at school.
 Growing up is sure hard on kids!  Lol!!
               

No comments:

Post a Comment