spring!

spring!

Saturday 21 September 2013

Boy, the weather has sure been strange this year.
Experts said we would have a hot dry summer, but it wasn't at all.
Then this last week we had a couple of  blistering hot days, then a couple of cold days.....Chances of FROST already!
Boy!!!
I love this time of year...the changing colours...the fresh crisp air.
What I don't like is the mildew on some of the plants and trees.  I am allergic to the mould.  I don't have really bad symptoms. But the constant headache and sinus pain is unsettling.
On the quilting front, I have finally finished quilting this quilt.

 I had it mostly done except for the setting triangles and borders.
I had a scroll that I planned to use.    made up all my patterns, pinned them in place and could not, for the life of me,  bring myself to sew them.  It just didn't go!
Then I saw a quilt on Pinterest and it gave me an idea.
I decided to quilt multiple rows, incorporating the borders and the setting triangles.
I really like how it turned out.
Took me a few days to sew the binding, and now it is all done and ready to be handed in to the OutReach program.

No comments:

Post a Comment