spring!

spring!

Monday 9 September 2013

Oh my legs... my shins and calves.....they are still sore from walking at the Falls.
I am not used to a lot of steep hills, and we did a LOT of walking that day.
The next day we drove to Port Dover. ( another steep hill to climb!)  It was  warm and windy, so we walked around downtown (it isn't very big), but before that we went to Len's Mills Store.  That's a large fabric discount store.  They carry fabric, threads, notions, patterns, wool, needles, crochet cotton, you name it!

I don't really need any fabric, but I got some anyway.

I looked for some nice Christmas panels for Courtney to use, but I didn't really see anything I thought she would like.
There were some cute Christmas fabrics, but again, not one I thought was suitable.
The mister helped me with the bolts over my head...Oh my gosh!  I never would have been able to see any of them!  The top shelf was THAT high!
In the next aisle, I found the perfect panel!!!!
OWLS! 
Courtney loves owls right now, soooo...
I purchased the cute pillow panel for her to quilt and sew, along with a couple of metres (2 yards and 6 inches)of over- all pattern of owls.
Well....
You should have seen her face when I showed her the fabric!
 She was so excited!
 She wants to start on them right away!
I then went looking for some fabric to make some t-shirts....nice fabric is hard to find!
I found a couple of nice  NEW LOOK patterns, one has a swing jacket type sweater in it...that is what I bought it for....and the other is t-shirts.  I have several patterns already, but I like this one too.
(As an aside....
A couple of weeks ago I was in Fabricland, and there was a big sign at the pattern dept. stating that because the prices to  them were going up 160%, they would no longer be carrying Simplicity and New Look patterns!  I was a little shocked by that!  )  :(

I browsed the store some more and found some vinyl that I thought would make a nice bag.
Next door was another store affiliated with Lens Mills...only this store was clothing, household goods and some crafting stuff.
There I picked up (of all things!) kitchen string!  I can never find it here   okay, okay... Dollar stores carry some different types, but this was a fairly big spool!  
I bought two.  I know the mister will take one for the garage! 
I got some rubber stamps for cardmaking .
And beads...I bought 4 vials of Czech beads.
Then Thursday came around...  we were planning on going to The St Jacob's Market.
I decided I would rather stay home.



No comments:

Post a Comment