spring!

spring!

Thursday 26 September 2013

The other night was the first meeting for the second quilt guild I belong to.
Dorothy, the lady who made the quilt in the previous blog, saw her quilt on the back of my chair.  She was thrilled to see it all done.  She says she doesn't see many after they are completed....this kind lady donates quite a few quilts to our Outreach program!
Dorothy's quilt
I told her of my trials and tribulations with the setting triangles and borders, but she loved how I had quilted it.  I am relived.  She does such beautiful work...the piecing was accurate, so it was easy to quilt.   I just didn't want to screw up such a beautiful quilt.
I've quilted a couple of her quilts for Outreach...one was a picture of a doll...such a cute little quilt.  not really little...it's cuddle quilt size!  It was a dream to quilt too!

We are celebrating our twentieth anniversary for this guild this year and the executive have a wonderful year planned for us.
We are having free workshops.  Everyone of us can sign up for a free workshop, we can also sign up for any of the other workshops they have planned..
We are having a challenge, the guild is giving everyone 3 fat quarters of our own choice, for a wide open quilt challenge!
We are having a fabric exchange.  Two and a half inch strips ...we should end up with enough strips to have a whole jellyroll.

We are going to have a FABULOUS year....

1 comment:

  1. Hi Patti,
    I've just been checking out a few blogs that I like to read and came across your post. Thank you for your kind words about the quilts I've made. I've been a bit remiss with my outreach quilts so far this year, but hope to get back into the swing of things soon. Hope you're enjoying your weekend.

    ReplyDelete