spring!

spring!

Friday 30 August 2013

Summer is almost done.
We only have a few weeks left ....
The days are getting shorter.
The nights, much cooler.
Local fall fairs are starting.

We have had a pretty good summer.
The tomatoes have been tasty...I love tomatoes!
For some reason, green pepper don't do so well for me.
My neighbour's squash plants are invading our yard!  lol!
as long as they produce some squash for ME!

Not too hot, not too dry...
Then we had a couple of really cool weeks in August.
Overall, pretty good, in my opinion.

But, the girls don't want to go out to the pool anymore....they are tired (staying up too late) and getting bored.
I've suggested a few things to do, but they aren't interested.
Then, one afternoon, Hayley asked for a cutting mat and knife.
She had numerous rolls of duck tape in her back pack, I supplied a couple of rolls and I had a roll of double-sided tape...(I think it was carpet tape).
The two of them sat at the kitchen table for a few afternoons, playing with duck tape and knives.
Scary for me...I know how sharp xacto knives are.  I really don't think they realized how sharp they are.
They watched videos, checked Pinterest and made duck tape work for them. lol!
They created without incident, or blood letting.
In fact, they had quite a fun time making wallets, purses and covering binders.
The pics are just a small sampling of their artwork.


No comments:

Post a Comment