spring!

spring!

Monday 26 August 2013

I've said this before, ....I am still tweaking my sewing room.
The set up isn't bad, but I still want to tweak...move stuff around...edit some of my stuff. Lol! not too much, though!
I find if I get rid of something, then I need it!, or could use it for an ATC or something!
Murphy's Law always applies!
At any rate, I am still working on that space.  I knew I would have to, and I am.
I've been in the sewing room, machine quilting, and I have been finding that some things need re-arranging.
I have been looking for the projects that I was working on....like my Farmer's Wife Sampler quilt blocks that I've finished and the patterns I have printed ready to sew.
Well, I found the tin that I had the finished blocks in.  It was under a project that Courtney was working !
A clock that I had propped up in the corner of the desk had fallen on top of the blocks and the tin lid was kitty-corner on top of that. Courtney's sewing on top of all of that.
the culprit
I picked the tin up and almost had a fit!

There, in the lid, on it's side, with the spout hanging over the contents of the tin, was my sewing machine oil bottle!
 On it's side and ..
OH!
MY!

GOSH!
D R I P P I N G !!!!
This bottle hasn't a top to close it....
so I keep a large headed pin in the hole of the spout!
Good thing I do!
It had dripped only a couple of drops.
But that is enough to ruin all my completed blocks if it dripped on them.
I carefully picked up the bottle and checked what was underneath it.....

THE CLOCK!

the clock that saved me

Only a few drops of oil escaped the bottle, the pin was still in place.
The glass face of the clock  had a couple of drops on it .
I thanked my lucky stars and wiped off the oil, got a "Command" hanger and hung my clock.
I moved that little bottle of misery oil to a different shelf...far..far away from my blocks, quilts, fabrics and projects!
There is a trick to get out oil spots that I have used...and it does work!
CHAULK! 
Ordinary sidewalk chaulk.  I have a whole (LARGE) box for the girls to use.  (they don't play anymore they tell me).
I have tried rubbing chaulk into grease spots on my clothes after cooking and splashing myself.  It does work. You have to keep rubbing the chaulk into the grease until it is all absorbed, then launder.
BUT!  I certainly don't have enough chaulk to fix all my blocks and absorb more than a half bottle of machine oil!

my shirt, no grease spots, thank you chaulk!

No comments:

Post a Comment