spring!

spring!

Saturday 3 August 2013

Courtney and I have been in the sewing room.
She wanted to sew some owl pillows.
using all those stitches
So, we looked on-line for patterns and ideas.
We quickly found something she wanted to make at  bubblesandbobbins.com and printed out a pattern.
Courtney looked through some of my fabrics and decided that she would make the first owl out of felt.
(I had some really neat printed felt for the eyes!)
She cut out her pattern, cut out her fabric, then sewed her little owl.
Next day she made another, but with cotton fabrics.
She took them home before I got any pics.
But the next day, she sewed again....she has been working on a panel for a while now.
It's a large crazy quilt Christmas stocking.  Two sides to it.  She's been trying out all the fancy stitches on my machine, all the different colour thread that I have.  She says it's like being in a store!  (I don't let her see my rayon or specialty threads, she would go nuts!)
It's been almost finished for a while.
all done
Today she decided it was time to finish it.
She worked on the last few rows of fancy stitches, trimmed all her threads and trimmed down the stocking halves while I set up the serger.
 She serged the edges together, then serged the top edge to finish it.
It turned out very nice and she plans on using it this coming Christmas.
Later, I went out to the local fabric shop, they are having a big sale right now. 
I thought that I would pick up some panels for her to work on. 
Do you think they had any???? 
 NO!
nothing!
the blue ones
I did pick up a cute pair of thread snips for her, I bought her the blue ones.
  I will put them on a lanyard for her so she doesn't misplace them.

No comments:

Post a Comment