spring!

spring!

Thursday 8 August 2013

Hayley really enjoyed her art camp.
She said the week just flied by.
She printed paper with ink and shaving cream.  (something that I wanted to try!)
She carved her own stamp from lino.  (another thing I wanted to try!)
Each day she came home happy and tired, excited with what she had done.
And, at the end of the week she had a journal to show off!
and
this week has just blown by..
A nice long weekend..
Not that it matters for the mister and me, we have 6 Saturdays and a Sunday in our week.  haha!
Nice getting used to that!
The grand daughters told me this year they didn't want to tie dye.
(Poppa didn't really want any more tie-dyed shirts!)
Then, they changed their minds.
 They wanted to dye pillowcases...
I bought some craft dye.....
then they wanted some fabric paint.
I bought fabric paint.
I thought there really wasn't enough dye, so I went out and bought some dylon dyes.
I was able to get them at half price with a discount card, so they ended up being cheaper than the craft dye.
WELL.......
We can't dye and paint just 2 pillowcases.
So....
We went out to a local T-shirt warehouse and bought some shirts, a white one and 4 coloured ones each.
We were going to embellish the coloured ones with iron-ons, and other stuff, but now
only Courtney wants to embellish a shirt, and only one shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment