spring!

spring!

Saturday 24 August 2013

Boy it's been a while since I blogged...not that I have been overly busy.
So, the girls and I have all this dye, paint and all these shirts and pillowcases to work on.
 I prefer that we work outside, but the weather is threatening to rain, so we are going to have to work downstairs in the laundry room.
Courtney wants to tie dye her pillow case.

Hayley's pillowcase
Hayley wants to ombre dye hers.  At first she wanted to dye her pillowcase black ombre.  Then she changed her mind to blue.
Courtney has to spend some time wrapping spots on the pillowcase with elastics...which she did...
I kept telling her ..."More".... "Tighter"
She did!
When she finally had it wrapped and twisted enough, Mommy arrived.
She went out to greet her with the knotted up pillowcase on her head!..lol!!!
We all laughed our heads off!!
Next day, we got busy and got serious with the dyeing and painting.
Four bottles of dye and only 2 pillow cases.....actually just one pillowcase.

Courtney's pillowcase
I made up some blue dye from some I had from a while ago
Hmmmm....
That will waste much of the dye...
I have some fabric that I (tried to) dyed with Kool-Aid...(that really didn't work!) and some fabric that I dyed and really didn't like.
I gave them a few of those pieces to use as clean up rags
The girls worked on their pillowcases, then worked on painting their T-shirts.
They worked on their  shirt and pillow case  almost all afternoon, after they were done with the dye, I used up the rest over-dyeing my fabric.
No t-shirts for Poppa though, he didn't want anymore.
BUT...after we were finished ...Daddy said he wanted some!


No comments:

Post a Comment