spring!

spring!

Wednesday 6 February 2013

There all a whole lotta birthdays in February in my family.
Next week is Hayley's, my first grand daughter...she will be 13 ....couldn't come fast enough for her.  A BIG milestone for her.
Then comes my birthday a few days later...and then my sister's birthday.
I also have an uncle and cousin with birthdays the same week.
I almost missed Hayley's birth.  The mister, I and friends had booked a vacation in the Dominican Republic.  We were to leave shortly and I wanted to be around when she was born.
My daughter went in hospital to be induced...and she had a very hard time, ending with needing a cesarean section when the baby went into distress.
So she had the baby and I was able to see her before we left....my daughter was to leave hospital the day we left for vacation...she didn't leave...she had a twisted bowel and ended up having more surgery and staying almost 2 weeks.
I tell you...
I was frantic when I couldn't talk to her for the two weeks.....
my son-in-law, in his wisdom, decided to tell me she was sleeping or just busy.  I KNEW something was up.
But that is 13 years ago now and that baby is almost all grown up.
They grow too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment