spring!

spring!

Friday 11 October 2013

I decided last Thursday to go out to the local quilt store and  pick out my 3 free fat quarters that quilt guild is supplying for our 20th anniversary to each member.
I knew that I would NOT be taking home 3 fat quarters....nope ...not me!
I picked out 5 fabrics.
And I had them cut 2 metres each.  (a metre is 39 inches)
 I picked out this purple batik just because I loved it, but it will go with the others in a fall creation
 These two batiks are stunning in person...I had to have them.
Could you imagine settling for just a fat quarter of these three batiks?
 
I bought these also, but they are prints.  They look much brighter in the picture, but they go nicely with the batiks.

I was a little surprised to see the store busy...really busy!
Oh!  There was a shop hop going on!
I hadn't heard!
I got a little 6 inch ruler by Creative grids as a gift.
I like their new non slip rulers...
The next day, I went to the quilt store here in my town.
I was the only customer!  Mind you, they did have a class going on.
But, I wonder why it wasn't busy?  They were part of the shop hop.
Well, they didn't have what I was looking for, a book or pattern. So I left without making a purchase.
Maybe everyone was out at the various quilt shows that are on at this time of year!
Any whoo...I have been looking on-line, on Pinterest, and in my own patterns for ideas on what to make for our anniversary challenge.
I have a few ideas kicking around in the old melon.....the challenge is so wide open...but I must get at it!
But first.....I must get this other quilt that I am quilting for outreach off my worktable.

Happy Thanksgiving !

No comments:

Post a Comment