spring!

spring!

Friday 26 July 2013

We had some wild weather last week,  power was out for many, and wasn't restored to some for days.
The storm was Friday.
  Monday, the mister, the grand daughters and I decided to go down to the lake for a walk.
The mister and I wanted to see the new pier our city laid out millions of bucks for.

our MULTI-million $ pier
After we checked it out, we walked along the lakeshore promenade for over an hour and a half.
I wasn't impressed with the pier.
There is a railing, a very high railing all along the length of it....with two bars...that block my view.  Others have complained of the same thing.  People who are in wheel chairs can't enjoy the view.  There is a viewing platform, but if you are in a chair, you can't go up ....I am just short, so I can go up to see the view.
The area didn't look any different for the storm.  All along the shore is breakwater, huge boulders.....there is one very small area of sand ...covered in goose poop.  It wasn't nice at all!  We kept walking towards the next part of the shore that is sandy beach.
We came across a huge willow tree that had been downed in the storm.  It was HUGE...must have been a very, very old tree.
The girls and I enjoyed a nice refreshing ice cream cone after our walk.
Later that evening, the mister and I went for another walk for an hour.
Boy, was I tired that night!



No comments:

Post a Comment