spring!

spring!

Monday 29 July 2013

Last Tuesday we all went to St Jacobs Farmers Market.
I bought some fresh veggies, and some beets for my daughter.  She is going to can some pickled beets.  YUM! (and give me some!)
I don't do that sort of stuff anymore.  We don't eat that much pickling or canned goods anymore.
The kids still do, so I let them make their own.  Both of my kids will make pickles and other canned stuff.
My son, Kevin  even make his own sausages.  He has asked me a couple of times if I have somewhere he can hang sausages to dry....(this guy was a vegan in his late teens,  early twenties).
I don't have a cold cellar, or cold room, but I wish I did!

After the farmer's market, we went to a nearby outlet mall.
There is a corning ware store there.
Of course I went in.
And I saw something that I wanted.....hmmm...not true...I saw lots of different dishes that I would like.
I have two different sets of dishes and a set a china, so I really don't need any more.  Besides, I don't have room to store more dishes.
And I saw a large square cast iron griddle.
my new Cast Iron griddle
Last year or so I saw a BIG oblong cast iron griddle in Canadian Tire (dept.) store, I wanted to buy it but the mister talked me out of it.  I never saw them in that store again!
I had a cast aluminum non stick griddle, but I really don't like non-stick!
So when I saw this one in the corning ware store I bought it!  and a silicone handle for it! lol!

It's really heavy, good thing it has 2 handles, because I need both hands to carry it!

 And the handles gets really hot!

I've made eggs, grilled cheese sandwiches, and today we made pancakes on it!  They were perfect!
What I love about this griddle is that, that like all my cast iron pans, I can use them on the stove top, in the oven, and in the barbeque, even a campfire.

On the weekend, I told the mister to take it out to the "Q" to cook the burgers we were having....It did a marvelous job! with no flare-ups in the "Q"!
Took nothing to clean it....just water and a copper scrubbie.
I can't wait to try some potatoes cooked on the "Q" with this new pan!

No comments:

Post a Comment