spring!

spring!

Monday 22 July 2013

AHHHH! At last, some cooler weather.
We had a cold front come through...and when a cold front meets a warm front (or in this case a "hot" front), you can get ferocious thunder storms.
 We had quite the storm....pounding rain, hail, wicked winds, trees toppled, hydro(electricity) lines downed and the poles that carried the lines downed.
Parts of the city were without power...some for over 24 hours.
(HMMM...there is a nursing home over in that area...I wonder how they made out?)
The temperature outside is now a comfy 72 degrees.  Last week we had 94-96-98 even 101degrees!
I have a reliable temperature gauge under my patio table, in the shade (under a canopy), and one morning last week it was 101!  But in full morning sun!...Man it was breathless out.
Great for the pool and swimming, though!
The temps in the pool went up to 90.
I loved that!
 I won't even think about getting in unless it is 84.
Too cold and it just makes me ache....so it's not worthwhile to get in it before it's warm enough for me.
I have a "low tech" solar heater for the pool.
That's a 50 foot black garden hose coiled on the patio stones on the far side of the pool.  I attached the hose to one of the jets with a fountain attachment.
AND...It really works!
The girls are having fun in the pool.....Well, Courtney is....Hayley is being a normal teen...doesn't want to get her hair wet...doesn't want to look like she is having fun!
She has been reading a bit this summer.
I have been doing a bit of reading myself.
I have numerous books that I have either collected or been given, to read.
Right now I am reading "Blow Fly" by Patricia Cornwell.  I like her books...my daughter and I will swap back and forth, and I have a good friend that exchanges books with me. (She passes more my way than me her way).
One thing about having my sewing room in the basement....I don't like going down there when the weather is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment