spring!

spring!

Friday 7 June 2013

It's been a while since I blogged.
I've been a little busy  trying to sort out my sewingroom.  I used to able to put my hand on whatever I needed.
 Now...
Things are moved around a little.
I still have a lot of stuff upstairs in a storage room.  Some large pieces of fleece, some knits, and battings.
I have a small storage space under the stairs, but the mister uses that for his golf clubs.
Well, we now have a whole lot more storage in the garage.....maybe he can keep them in there for the winter.....
I have been doing a little sewing.
I finally started (and finished) my ATC's.
And EXCHANGED them!
I had an idea in my mind what I wanted to do. 
But that's not what I did do.
I started with a 12 square of hand dyed fabric. 
I wanted to highlight the swirls of colour with stitched flowers, but I ended up just quilting flowers.
I then cut the 12 inch square into 6 card sized pieces.
I then fussy cut  a yellow-gold flower and fused, then sewed that down to each card.
Next I fussy cut butterflies, 2 of each....then fused 2 back to back so that they were double sided.

mine



 

 
Mary Jane's
 
I attached them to the card, leaving the wings loose so that they would flutter!
Couched some Ricky Tims "razzle dazzle" heavyweight thread to the edges for a bit of sparkle, then zigzagged the edges to attach the paper post card to the back.








MaryJane's is layered, framed and quilted


















Pam did a super job on this one...it's woven!

Pam's

 
Sandra's is appliqued, satin stitched and echo quilted
Sandra's

Janice's
 
Janice appliqued (turned edge), quilted and embellished hers with braid and a cute little dragonfly charm.                                                                                                       
                                                                                                       
Everyone seemed pleased with the ATC's they received, and a lot of people signed up again for next year!                                                                                                      
  And so did I!                                                                        
                                                                                        



No comments:

Post a Comment