spring!

spring!

Friday 14 June 2013

The mister left for 5 days of golf!!!
And the weather here was cold, wet and dreary!
I had a quilt guild meeting,(I usually do, he goes away the same time every year!) and that meeting was the last of the year, so it we had a pot luck dinner.
I made meatballs...BBQ meatballs.
 The ladies usually rave over them.
They are just ground beef....fried and then smothered in BBQ sauce.
I don't make my own sauce, but I sure doctor it up!
I buy just the regular BBQ sauce, then I add....smoke flavouring!! lots of smoke flavouring and garlic powder! mix it up and YUM!
I reheated the meatballs for an hour before I left, so that they are (hopefully) piping hot when served...and ...I must admit...they are good.

At the meeting we did all our exchanges, ATC's, Block of the Month,...oh yeah ..
and
Awarded ribbons to our quilt show winners.
I brought home a cuddle quilt to work on.
And work on it I did.
I sewed up the (really easy) blocks, (just a focus fabric square with sashing and cornerstones).
Then pressed it all and layered it ready to quilt.
BUT!  My iron is acting up...half the time it won't turn on (it's "auto-off").
I ended up buying a new one and holy crap!!! was it expensive!!
But pressing is done and quilting is almost complete.
I quilted all around the sashing, then got out the painter's tape and taped off diagonal lines to place an "X" through the centre of each block, and through the borders.

I used my homemade pinmoors to pin the whole quilt together and they worked great!
Sorry for the fuzzy focus...the camera didn't like the bright yellow orange fabric, and I find it really hard not to shake when I use only one hand to snap a pic.
So, now all I have to do is bind this little quilt and work on the others that I brought home from my "other" quilt guild!                                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment