spring!

spring!

Thursday 20 June 2013

I have finished machine sewing the binding on
 the little cuddle quilt I brought home.  All I have to do now is hand sew the binding.
I used my new tool that I bought at the quilt show!
creative grid easy angle finder
 You use it to help  mark the sewing line on the corners.
The corners are sewn instead of folded, to create the mitred corner.
It's actually very easy, and if you are familiar with Heirloom sewing, the technique is the same.  I think I said before that I had tried to do this, without the tool and not knowing just what to do.  If I remember correctly, I didn't have enough fabric then, either.  It turned out, but I hand sewed from the right side of the fabric to do it.
Like I said ...I knew want I wanted, just not how to accomplish it.
I really like this method of sewing the corners, and this  is what judges in quilt shows are looking for.
Not that I would ever, ever be in the running for a ribbon!

the back

When I attached the binding on the cuddle quilt, I didn't have enough fabric....no matter how I tried...not long enough.  I only received 4 strips of the fabric width.  I really needed 5.
And I have absolutely nothing like this fabric in my stash....
So I used a different colour completely.
front of the quilt

The original binding is multi-colour ...orange, pink, yellow, purple.

  I choose a purple and white print to go with it.

 Since I am doing this method...I might as well show it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment